Ep. 1: The Water Table
While Roo’s New York apartment is not large, there are plenty of elements to keep a baby entertained (or in trouble).
Today, Roo is doing one of her most important jobs: clearing the books off the book shelf.
It’s monotonous work, and her mind drifts to other topics, like: How much fun is a water table?
Splash and pour and play. And if you had such an opportunity in your own house, wouldn’t you be driven to it daily? Thrice daily perhaps?
Roo knows where the “water table” is.
She also knows she’s not to go into that room unaccompanied.
But she sees her siblings come and go— in and out—and hears her dad’s reminders to them: “Shut that door!”
But occasionally they’ll forget.
After Benny brushes his teeth for the fourth time with ‘Yum Yum Bubblegum” toothpaste (for superheroes take personal hygiene quite seriously) or Charlie wanders out preoccupied with a stack of baseball cards, the door might be ajar.
And she’ll sense it.
And when she does, the question becomes: Just how fast can a baby crawl to get somewhere she shouldn’t be but desperately wants to go?
Spoiler: pretty fast.
Time to decontaminate the baby.
After all that, Roo finds herself in the fully submersible water table; Roo for the win.
Thank you for following Roo’s adventures: tune in on Wednesdays and Saturdays for more. Join the email list to get a link to each new post.
Jim Fenzel is a stay-at-home dad artist and writer in NYC.
- December 2018
- Nov 30, 2018 Danger Roo's Playground Review: East 72nd Street (Central Park) Nov 30, 2018
- Nov 28, 2018 Coming Soon! The Playground reviews Nov 28, 2018
- Nov 24, 2018 Middle of the Night Nov 24, 2018
- Nov 21, 2018 Stop Requested Nov 21, 2018
- Nov 17, 2018 Christmas Card Review Nov 17, 2018
- Nov 14, 2018 Go to Sleep Already! Nov 14, 2018
- Nov 10, 2018 Danger Roo: The Board Game Nov 10, 2018
- Nov 7, 2018 Ep. 7: Election Day Nov 7, 2018
- Nov 3, 2018 Ep. 6: Marathon Sunday Nov 3, 2018
- October 2018
nyc illustration merch (more to come): http://bit.ly/RooInNYC